Within this strand of the Every Child Matters agenda are 5 specific aims, namely, children and young people should
- engage in decision-making and support the community contribution and environment, …read more
- engage in law-abiding and positive behaviour in and out of school, …read more
- develop positive relationships and choose not to bully and discriminate, …read more
- develop self-confidence and successfully deal with significant life changes and challenges and
- develop enterprising behaviour.
This chapter of the needs assessment will examine the first 3 aims in more detail. However, data regarding self-confidence and enterprising behaviour are not readily available at present. These have been identified as gaps in the assessment.